Sunday, August 19, 2012

Generation 1.5








"He's perfect." Gussie whispers, gazing into the eyes of our new baby boy.

"Kalon. His name is Kalon." I say, smiling at the two.


"It's a good thing Jerry could finish his room in time, or else this little guy would be sleeping on the ground." Gussie joked, bringing Kalon into his new room.

"Yes, it was very nice of your friend to do this for us." I say softly, feeling relieved that the pain was over.


"Goodnight Kalon." Gussie and I both said, "I love you."

And with that we got ourselves to bed, it was in fact midnight.


I woke up alone that morning, Gussie must've already been downstairs. I made my way to the kitchen, feeling hungry for breakfast.


"Baby... What are you doing? Did you sleep down here?" I asked, watching Gussie slowly wake up.

"Huh? Oh... I must've fallen asleep doing the taxes... Baby, look, we can't afford this house. With you working as a receptionist, and me as a bartender, it's just too much." He said, not making eye contact.

"Don't be silly, I'll just pick up a second job!" I say, trying to sound confident.

"Are you sure?" He asked, seeming to like the idea. I nodded, and he agreed to it.


"I'm going to go get dressed, okay?" I say, heading up stairs.


I hurry over to our dresser, and riffle through my underwear drawer. "Here it is." I whisper, pulling out the card from that lady at the park. I dial the number in my cell phone...


I get through to Denver Bronco, and he tells me I can come in for an interview today. Although I wasn't very keen on the idea of becoming a stripper, I was willing to do what was necessary to save this family.


"I'm going out for a bit, babe." I say, walking out the door.

"Have fun." Gussie mumbles, falling back asleep.


Here we are... I stepped out of the taxi and made my way up to the club, and headed inside.


I stepped into some sort of dressing, nobody was there, so I figured I'd mess around with the makeup station.




The black wig looked perfect, and this way I could still show my face in public.

I left the costume room, looking for Denver. I found the man I assumed was him, and approached him nervously. "Denver?" I asked, shaking his hand.

"Oh of course not. I'm Tate, I do the interviews for him. You are?" He asked, speaking confidently.

"Uh... I'm Alana, pleasure to meet you." I say with a smile, trying to look cute.

"Alana. I love the look, I think you'll be a perfect fit. Tonight, ten o'clock, be here." He said, and began to walk away.

That's it? Well, at least I got the job.


As I left the building I threw off the wig, stuffing it in my pocket. Luckily it wasn't that big. I took a taxi home, by the time I got there it was about six.


I came inside to find Gussie sitting on the couch, all dressed up. "Hey Guss, what's with the outfit? Are you going out somewhere?"

"Yeah, I was waiting for you to get home, my boss called and said I have to work tonight." He said, sighing.

"Oh... Okay, I guess I'll take care of Kalon." I say, and he nods thankfully.


Ten o'clock rolls around and I call up a babysitter to watch Kalon, so I can go out for my first night of work. I was kind of happy that Gussie was working, it meant I didn't have to make up an excuse.

I put my wig on in the bathroom, touched up my makeup slightly, and headed out to the club.


As soon as I got there I was given my outfit, and told to put it on. I headed into the dressing room, and quickly quickly got dressed, then headed out into the club.


I see a man in a fancy black suit, he calls me over. I sigh and head over, time to make some money.

We start to dance together, I desperately try to avoid eye contact with this man, I don't want anyone realizing who I am.



This isn't so bad. The rest of the night went pretty much the same, dancing with random men, getting lots of tips.

I headed back home at around 3am, hoping not to wake anyone.


I head into the kitchen an, to my horror, Gussie is sitting at the table.

"Kaylee?" He asks, raising an eyebrow in shock.

I quickly think, come on Kaylee! Then it hits me, roleplay. "Kaylee? Oh no, I'm Alana." I say seductively, smiling weakly.

Gussie walks over to me, smiling smugly. "Let's just make this quick, my wife will be home soon." He says with a wink, I feel so relieved that he's playing along.






No comments:

Post a Comment