Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Generation 1.3

"I love you." I whisper, forcing my eyelids open.

"I love you too." Gussie responds, kissing my hand gently. We both drift off to sleep, but our fingers remain locked tightly together.


I woke up at about 3:30am, not able to sleep, with an insane craving for waffles. I quietly tiptoed out of bed, and down to the kitchen.

I whistled softly as I pulled out the ingredients for the waffles, this is going to be so good!




Just as I was cooking up a storm, Gussie walked in, giving me an eerie look. "Babe... What are you doing at four o'clock in the morning?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Goodmorning cutie!" I sang, smiling back at my handsome man. "Don't you look good!" I teased with a wink, admiring his body before turning back to the waffles I was making.

"Thanks babe, you too... But really, why are you up so early?" He asked, scratching his head.

"Couldn't sleep, needed waffles." I said simply, not looking at him.

"Okay then..." He said, and headed off to the bathroom.


"Babe, waffles are- Erm- Ready..." I called, eying the burnt mess. Oh well, these will have to do!


"Kaylee, slow down, your waffles aren't going anywhere." Gussie tells me, I simply roll my eyes and continue to eat them. "Baby, listen, I want to talk about something..." He starts, I look up at him with my mouth full of waffles and nod, urging him to go on. "I had a really great time last night, and since I'm living here and all, I think we should just make it official... Will you be my girlfriend?" I asks, scratching his head nervously.


I begin to blush, no guy has ever asked me to "make it official." I smile and take his hand, "I'm all yours." I say simply, gazing into his eyes.


I offer to clean up the dishes, so Gussie goes to get ready for work at the bar. I also have work at the Day Spa today, so I doubt we will be having any fun tonight.


I get a call from Gracie, asking me to go pick up coffee with her, and I gladly accept. I go upstairs to the bedroom and throw on some clothes, then head out the door.



Just as I'm leaving home, a searing pain enters my stomach, and I bend over and vomit on the spot. Stupid waffles I think, wiping my mouth off and heading for the cafe.


"Hey Grac- Um are you feeling okay?" I ask, staring at her pale skin.

"Yup, never better." She says, smiling faintly.

"Okay... Want to grab a table?" I ask, motioning towards the outdoor seating.

"No, not really. It's way too hot to eat outside, want to just come over to my place?" She asks, tucking her hands in her pockets.

"Um... Sure." I agree reluctantly, wondering why she thought the weather was hot, it didn't seem that hot to me.


"You have a beautiful home." I say, admiring the nice decor.

"Thank you!" Gracie calls from her bedroom, she had to change out of her work uniform.


"What do you think?" She aks, twirling around in her dress.

"You know I love that dress," I enthuse with a smirk, "Speaking of which, we still need to go shopping!"

"Yes!" She agrees excitedly, with a huge smile. As soon as she opens her mouth I cringe, where did those come from...


Gracie notices my obvserving of her teeth and closes her mouth, she turns her gaze towards the ground. "Gracie, what's going on?" I ask bluntly, concerned for my friend.

"N-n-nothing..." She stutters, turning away from me.


"Okay, cut the crap Gracie, something's up." I say forcefully, and she seems to give in.

"Fine. There was this guy... He was so cute, and he asked me out, so of course I said yes. After we ate dinner we came back to my place, and that's when..." Her voice faded off and she looked down at the ground, she looked as though she was choking back tears.

"When what?" I urged, intently listening to every detail.

"He bit me!" She screamed, breaking into tears. I tilted my head, I really didn't understand. "He was a vampire." She said, as if she truly believed in them.

I began to laugh, but then realized she was not kidding. "Wait- You're serious, aren't you?" I asked, covering my mouth with my hand. She nodded, and I took a step back.


Just then, at the worst time possible, I had to throw up.




"What's wrong? Are you okay?" Gracie asked, I ignored her and ran out of her house.

"I-I've got to go!" I called back towards her, running straight home.
































No comments:

Post a Comment