Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Generation 1.2

My eyes opened slowly, my bedroom was illuminated with the morning sunrise, I could hear birds chirping through my window. I could get used to this.



I headed downstairs to make some breakfast, and I noticed the pain in my back from my cheap bed. "Ouch." I mumbled.


As my waffles were cooking in the oven, I decided to check my messages, just to see if the lady from the Day Spa called. I flipped out my phone to see I had one new voice message, so I listened to it...

"Hey girl, this is Stacy from the Day Spa, I'm just calling to let you know... You got the job! You start at three o'clock today, so don't be late!"
I put the phone down and screamed in delight, "I have a job! I have a job! I have a-" My voice was cut off, I felt something hot against my back, and heard a flickering noise. I turned around and saw bright orange and yellow flames engulfing my stove, oh em gee!


Luckily I had my phone in my hand, I quickly dialed 9-1-1, "Help! Fire! 1810 Ednamary Way!" I screamed, dropping my phone on the ground.


When the fire fighter finally arrived, she got right to work on extinguishing the flames. Finally the fire had been put out, I thanked her for her services, and she was off.

The insurance company gave me $180 to cover the costs of repairs, which wasn't even enough to pay for half a stove. I would have to pay for the repairs with all the money I came here with because I wasn't about to run to daddy for him to fix it, I'm like independent and stuff now, so that just isn't an option.


I picked up my phone and called the the appliance company, and some guy said he would be right over to replace my stove.

I had to leave for work, so I left a key outside for the appliance guy. That way he could replace my stove before I returned home, and I wouldn't have to be there when it happened.


After work I decided to call Gussie, and ask him to meet me at the park. He answered the phone, and eagerly agreed to join me.


I sat on the park bench waiting for Gussie, listening to my thoughts run wild. I can't believe how badly I screwed up, I'm like totally letting daddy down. Ugh, snap out of it Kaylee! You got a job, celebrate! I looked around for Gussie, excited to tell him the good news...


Then I saw him, cute as ever, in his little cowboy hat. "Gussie!" I hollered, running up to him and squeezing him tightly. "I'm so glad you're here, guess what?" He was about to say something, but I cut him off, "I got a job!" I screamed excitedly, dancing up and down.

"What! Kaylee that's great!" He enthused, giving me a celebratory hug. I squeezed him tightly, this moment was so amazing that I decided not to tell him about the fire.



"Kaylee, look, I really like you. I mean, you're not like any other girl I've ever known. I know this is fast, but..." He stopped, and just leaned into me, closing his eyes...




My heart fluttered, and at that moment, I knew he was the one. We pulled apart and I smiled, gazing into his eyes, "Move in with me." I said softly, holding his hand.

"Okay." He said simply, almost in a whisper.


"Is this it?" He ask, walking up towards the house.

"Yep, this is it." I said, taking his hand and walking up to the front door with him. I slipped my key in the hole and turned it, opening the door. "Home sweet home." I said happily, kissing him softly.


"What now?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Well, I'd say it's about time we were heading to bed..." I suggested flirtatiously, pulling him into my grasp. He nodded in agreement, kissing me passionately.


Then one thing led to another and...










No comments:

Post a Comment